This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Where is the 810 class at runtime

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I want to be able to parse an 810, and feed it to a database. I have downloaded and run the samples, and they all pass.

However, I don't see where the 810 class is available at runtime so that I can get the EDI data out of it.

For example, I can see the interchange object in the debugger, but I don't see a reference to the strongly typed class so that I can make use of it.

By the way, I think you have done an awesome job on this. I have been looking at various X12 parsers, and yours is at the top of the list.

EDIT: In looking at this further, it looks like the point of the XML parser is to convert it to an xml document and then use linq to xml to work with it and get it into a database.

Greg
Oct 14, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Hi,

Well, all definitions are described as strongly typed classes. They can be downloaded from my skydrive location (https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=dc9679257d47a4e2&resid=DC9679257D47A4E2!111&parid=root). There you will find two packages - one with the c# classes, which can be added to the Definitions project and one containing all xml schemas, which were used to generate the classes. I include the xsd package in case someone needs to use xpath or xslt to map their objects.

I think there is one 810, version 002040, already in the definitions project.

Once you convert the raw edi to a 810 object it's entirely up to you how to map it and feed it to the database. It's down to a persisting objects to databases, which falls into general patterns familiar to developers. The purpose of the parser is to abstract the conversion from edi to an object model and give you the edi representation in a friendly good ol typed object (or xml if preferred).

Hope it makes sense,
Kamen