This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

INSDES and OSTRPT

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Hi,

I think this library might be useful but I've noticed that the D96A part doesn't have the type of messages mentioned in the title..
  • Is it possible to use the D98A messages without modification?
  • Does anyone have working INSDES and OSTRPT files for D96A?
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Hi,

Strictly speaking INSDES D96A is EANCOM and not EDIFACT, therefore is not included in the package. You can check the differences between EANCOM D96 INSDES and EDIFACT D98A INSDES by hand and manually do the changes to the definition if any.

I was planning to generate definitions for EANCOM, but don't have the time really.

Cheers,
Kamen
Dec 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Hi,

I wasn't aware of those differences. However, I did agree with the message provider to change the spec to D98A, which solved the problem.

As a suggestion, I would like to, besides the Test code samples, have a practical demonstration (or documentation), on how to get a the data from some elements.

BTW, is parsing the message to XML the best way to read a EDI message?

As a final note, great work with EdiFabric.. I mean, really good :)

Best Regards,
Celso Santos
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Hi Zed,

I'd also like to have a working sample and documentation - please feel free to contribute with this.
Meanwhile - you can try the patches section where another contributor uploaded a sample.

You can parse an EDI message to a typed object and\or xml, so it's entirely up to you want to read it further.

Regards,
Kamen