AUTACK File Not Found

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Hi,

We have purchased D96A from your site. Using this we are creating PAYMUL file for Bank but always getting response status "7" in CONTRL file which means something is went wrong with PAYMUL file. When we asked to bank they told us we are missing AUTACK handling. We are not able to get any AUTACK file in D96A, I found all files except AUTACK file . Could you please let me know from where I can get this file. Also what is the role of this file when we need to send this file to Bank within PAYMUL file or before or later. Please help this is urgent.

Thanks
Tarlok
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2015 at 7:55 AM
Hi Tarlok,

As far as I'm aware AUTACK is used for authentication and a start to bank transaction session. Unfortunately this is not part of the ANSI EDIFACT format. This is a control message used in the EANCOM format, which ediFabric still does not support.

I'm not sure your PAYMUL will also work as it may be different between EDIFACT and EANCOM - please check with your customer.

I managed however to generate a sample AUTACK class\schema, but it hasn't been tested and may not be what you are after, please find it in the attachments.

Supporting EANCOM is in the pipeline (check the features post), but I can't commit to a date.

Hope this helps and let me know if this AUTACK works.

Regards,
Don
Mar 5, 2015 at 5:15 AM
Hi Don,

Thanks for your help.

Our PAYMUL file is accepted by bank. They are returning us CONTRL file with status 7 which indicates that our Interchanges are valid but something wrong. When we consult with customer they told us we are missing AUTACK handling in PAYMUL file and give us documentation of AUTACK file. So seems like PAYMUL file is ok now we need to authenticate our PAYMUL file using AUTACK.

I am not able to find attached AUTACK class. Could you please let me know path of file.

Thanks
Tarlok
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2015 at 9:05 AM
Hi Tarlok,

I uploaded it to the issues section here, look for file attachments.
One more thing I thought of - when it generates the autack it will be wrapped up in envelope. i'm not sure if that's how the autack should be. If not, then you'll have to take the envelope segments out, something like:

var segments = interchange.ToEdi();

interchange.RemoveAt(0);
interchange.RemoveAt(0);

interchange.RemoveAt(interchange.Count - 1);
interchange.RemoveAt(interchange.Count - 1);

Glad to hear that PAYMUL is ok, let me know how are you getting on with the autack.

Regards,
Don